SCOPE / GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Responsible for timely daily patient AR resolution in accordance with RC Billing standards and Reimbursement policy & procedures and Client patient collection policy & procedures. Is responsible for seeking resolution to patient inquires while ensuring excellent communication between the CBO management and ensuring client satisfaction. Responsible for generating revenue by researching patient balances, makes payment arrangements; collects on accounts; monitors and pursues delinquent accounts pursuant to the agreed upon process with the Client.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of the Accounts Receivable function compliant with Federal and State regulations and RC Billing policy and procedures.
- Ensures all contact with patients and clients is professional and compassionate at all times.
- Answers patient in-coming calls and correspondence regarding their account in a timely professional manner per assigned client.
- Works Patient A/R reports per assigned client beginning with >60 and CS 2+. (unless otherwise directed per the client signed patient collection policy)
- Performs detailed audits of accounts when applicable and ensures timely follow-up regarding status with the patient responsible balance.
- Maintains tickler file and ensures timely follow-up with In-House Collection accounts, patient inquires and patient AR past due balances.
- Maintains working day to day knowledge of the practice management system. (Misys Tiger)
- Maintains strong working knowledge of Radiation Oncology coding.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities. (Misys & Rad Onc Coding)
- Ensures strong communication with CBO management team.
- Ensures compliance with RC Billing Reimbursement Policies and Procedures to maximize efficiency. Ensures compliance with appropriate industry regulations and State and Federal regulations.
- Maintains working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to assigned responsibilities.
- Maintains confidentially of all information related to patients, medical staff, finances and cost effective health care delivery issues.
- Strives to achieve and maintain company Days Sales Outstanding and Account Receivable Aging standards.
- Strives to achieve CBO goals and benchmarks.
- Demonstrates the ability to work well with peers while ensuring a strong cohesive team.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) years applicable medical CBO experience.
- Knowledge of organization policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Allscripts, Allscripts Pro PM, Mysis/Tiger and Practice EDI Insight preferred.
- Knowledge of health care administration principals.
- Knowledge of business office procedures.
- Knowledge of insurance agency operating procedures and practices.
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, discretion, decision–making and organizational skills to achieve business unit objectives.
- Skill in identifying and resolving problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with all employees and clients. Knowledge of CPT-4 and ICD-9 coding.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSURES / CREDENTIALS: None
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. The position additionally requires standing/sitting for extensive periods of time. Occasional lifting and carrying items weighing up to forty (40) pounds may be required. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in an office environment involving frequent interaction with staff, clients and the general public.