SCOPE / GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Responsible for timely daily reporting and balancing cash application and timely daily uploading of files to data storage application for clients receipts in accordance with RC Billing standards and Reimbursement policy and procedures. Is responsible for maintaining accurate Daily Receipt Log and maintaining accurate upload of documents for each client seeking resolution to problems relating to timely and efficient lockbox balancing and reconciliation while ensuring excellent communication between the CBO management while ensuring client satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Open and batch daily client receipts received via email, standard mail and express mail.
- Batching daily receipts will include combining all documents to create the LB/CORR/LOCAL/MERCH CC batches and placing in Client Banking folders then documenting on the Daily Receipt Log for the appropriate assigned cash applications specialist.
- Process live checks received via the lockbox in error to seek resolution. Report all live checks received to Cash Application Manager for directions on how to handle.
- Review all clients Daily Receipt Log to ensure in balance allowing the Weekly Reports to be disseminated to each client. Must be able to explain any discrepancy for non-applied receipts.
- Banking web access for clients assigned to obtain banking information for the purpose of balancing receipts to RC Billing Allscripts system, cash logs, weekly reports, and month end processes.
- Verify batch information submitted by cash applications to ensure balanced with amounts given, reported on the Daily Receipt Log for the appropriate client and all required documents are included in the batch for uploading to data storage application.
- Log all payments on the applicable client’s weekly log making sure to separate lockbox, patient POS payments, and each ERA/EFT received payments.
- Ensure that 100% accuracy is performed and reported for each clients weekly receipt log and month end closing processes.
- Upload all batches to data storage application ensuring 100% accuracy is performed.
- Ensures compliance with RC Billing Reimbursement Policies and Procedures to maximize efficiency. Ensures compliance with appropriate industry regulations and State and Federal regulations.
- Maintains working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to assigned responsibilities.
- Maintains confidentially of all information related to patients, medical staff, RC Billing/Revenue Cycle Inc management operations, finances and cost effective health care delivery issues.
- Demonstrates the ability to work well with peers while ensuring a strong cohesive team.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires at least 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Knowledge of business office procedures.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and banking reconciliation.
- Knowledge of Allscripts, Allscripts Pro PM, Mysis/Tiger and Practice EDI Insight preferred.
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, discretion, decision-making and organizational skills to achieve business unit objectives.
- Skill in identifying and resolving problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with all employees and clients. Knowledge of Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must be able to multitask while maintaining complete accuracy between client’s data.
CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSURES / CREDENTIALS: None
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. The position additionally requires standing/sitting for extensive periods of time. Occasional lifting and carrying items weighing up to forty (40) pounds may be required. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in an office environment involving frequent interaction with staff, clients and the general public.