SCOPE / GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The IT Help Desk Technician is primarily responsible for providing excellent customer service and support in a responsive, respectful manner to end users on a variety of computer and telecommunications issues. Installs and maintains computer hardware, software and peripherals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors the Help Desk ticket tracking system to respond to problems identified by users in a timely manner
- Provide IT support
- Work closely with Sr. Techs and IT Manager to complete service requests and projects
- Ability to manage time well, keeping accurate and detailed records documenting service performed and time spent
- Troubleshoots, resolves or escalate hardware and software problems proactively or as identified by users.
- Installs, configures and maintains desktop, laptop hardware and software
- Identifies and resolves system security issues to include antivirus, spyware & system software updates.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Associates in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field preferred or equivalent work-related experience. Years of experience may substitute for degree.
- Experience in help desk support and desktop support in a Windows Active Directory environment.
- Understanding of TCP/IP and troubleshooting Internet connectivity
- Knowledge of Ethernet networks and TCP/IP settings.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office; network printing; corporate email.
- Understanding of relationship between switches, hubs, patch panels and connecting nodes to a network
- Working Knowledge of Wireless Technologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and passion for delivering exemplary Client service
- Ability to take direction, working well both in a team and alone
- Excellent communication is required.
CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSURES / CREDENTIALS: None
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing/sitting for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 75 lbs. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires ability to travel on occasional basis.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in office settings. Involves frequent interaction with staff, clients, and the general public. At times the job atmosphere may be stressful due to budget deadlines, report timelines, multiple meetings and directions from multiple Executive Management.