SCOPE / GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Responsible for timely daily demographics in accordance with RC Billing standards and Reimbursement policy and procedures. Is responsible for seeking resolution to problems relating to timely and efficient demographics while ensuring excellent communication between the CBO management while ensuring client satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of the demographic entry function compliant with Federal and State regulations and RC Billing policy and procedures.
- Ensures timely daily resolution of any demographic and/or charges submitted lacking necessary information to allow entry
- Notifies Revenue Cycle IT Dept and management of any system issues encountered. i.e. VPN access, Code Scan, Misys
- Maintains working day-to-day knowledge of the practice management system.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities. (Misys & Rad Onc Coding)
- Ensures strong communication with CBO management team.
- Ensures compliance with RC Billing Reimbursement Policies and Procedures to maximize efficiency. Ensures compliance with appropriate industry regulations and State and Federal regulations.
- Maintains working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to assigned responsibilities.
- Maintains confidentially of all information related to patients, medical staff, finances and cost effective health care delivery issues.
- Maintains confidentiality of assigned logins and passwords to access hospital data sets.
- Strives to achieve CBO goals and benchmarks.
- Demonstrates the ability to work well with peers while ensuring a strong cohesive team.
- Additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) years applicable medical CBO experience.
- Knowledge of organization policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Allscripts, Allscripts Pro PM, Misys/Tiger, and Practice EDI Insight preferred.
- Knowledge of health care administration principals.
- Knowledge of business office procedures.
- Knowledge of insurance agency operating procedures and practices.
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, discretion, decision-making and organizational skills to achieve business unit objectives.
- Skill in identifying and resolving problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with all employees and clients. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSURES / CREDENTIALS: None
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. The position additionally requires standing/sitting for extensive periods of time. Occasional lifting and carrying items weighing up to forty (40) pounds may be required. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in an office environment involving frequent interaction with staff, clients and the general public.