SCOPE / GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Charge Entry/Demographics Supervisor oversees all aspects of the Demographic and Charge Entry functions in accordance with RC Billing standards and Reimbursement policy and procedures. Responsible for seeking resolution to problems relating to timely, efficient and accurate demo/charge entry and ensuring excellent communication with RCB management in an effort to promote client satisfaction. This person will also be responsible for training new staff members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of the demographic and charge entry functions compliant with Federal and State regulations and RC Billing policy and procedures.
- Under direction and supervision of Charge Entry Manager, assists RCB staff to ensure timely daily resolution of any demographic and/or charges submitted lacking necessary information to allow for entry.
- Completes hands on training with all new hires.
- Act as the backup when employees are out, either scheduled or not, to maintain compliance of all demos & charge entry.
- Assists with maintaining a daily charge log per client ensuring charges are received at a minimum weekly and all charge totals are listed and balanced.
- Assists with directing the daily operation of the charge entry/demographic specialists to ensure accuracy and timelines in all areas of responsibility.
- Ensures that daily, weekly and monthly billing functions are performed and accurate.
- Notifies RC Billing’s IT Department and management of any system issues encountered. i.e. VPN access, AccelaSMART, Allscripts Misys Tiger and/or ADT or DFT Interface(s)
- Maintains working day to day knowledge of the practice management system. (Allscripts Misys/Tiger and AccelaSMART)
- Maintains strong working knowledge of Radiation and Medical Oncology coding.
- Performs QA audits on all direct reports, Demo Specialist and Charge Entry Specialists, in accordance with the Policy and Procedures of RCB.
- Perform Productivity level checks monthly based on Query reports provided.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities. ( Rad Onc Coding 101, Rad Onc Specialty Coding, Med Onc Seminars/Webinars provided by RCI, Allscripts, Misys/Tiger System Training, White Plume AccelaSMART, Practice Insight Training)
- Ensures strong communication with CBO management team.
- Ensures compliance with RC Billing Reimbursement Policies and Procedures to maximize efficiency.
- Ensures compliance with appropriate industry regulations and State and Federal regulations.
- Maintains working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to assigned responsibilities.
- Maintains confidentially of all information related to patients, medical staff, finances and cost effective health care delivery issues.
- Maintains confidentiality of assigned logins and passwords to access hospital data sets.
- Strives to achieve CBO goals and benchmarks.
- Demonstrates the ability to work well with peers while ensuring a strong cohesive team.
- Maintaining the flow of all Charge Corrections and the process including additional training of staff, if applicable and logging of these corrections to identify trends.
- Charge Entry Supervisor will not have hiring and firing responsibilities of staff.
- Maintain CPC certification annually
- Additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two (3) years applicable medical CBO experience.
- Knowledge of organization policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of health care administration principals.
- Knowledge of business office procedures.
- Knowledge of insurance agency operating procedures and practices.
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, discretion, decision–making and organizational skills to achieve business unit objectives.
- Skill in identifying and resolving problems.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with individuals across all organizational levels.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills.
- Must possess excellent time management skills to ensure time lines are obtained.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with all employees and clients.
- Knowledge of CPT-4 and ICD-9/ICD-10 coding.
- Knowledge of Allscripts, Allscripts Pro PM, Misys/Tiger and Practice EDI Insight preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSURES / CREDENTIALS: None
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes. Direct reports to include the Demographic Department and the Charge Entry Department. Will not have the ability to make or execute staff hiring or termination without the Charge Entry Manager input and participation.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. The position additionally requires standing/sitting for extensive periods of time. Occasional lifting and carrying items weighing up to forty (40) pounds may be required. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in an office environment involving frequent interaction with staff, clients and the general public.