SCOPE / GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Performs advanced professional and technical work in the development of data analytics/reports, responsible for the completion of clients month end reporting packages as well as ad hoc reports. Responsible for maintaining a strong knowledge base of Excel, Crystal, and medical billing software. Work is performed under general direction and considerable latitude for independent judgment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for ensuring a strong working knowledge of Security Regulations/HIPAA.
- Responsible for ensuring a strong working knowledge of the companies Compliance Plan as it applies to Security and HIPAA.
- Responsible for preparing month reporting packages and ensuring they are electronically dispersed to clients by the 10th of each month.
- Responsible for preparing adhoc reports as requested by Billing Management and/or clients.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of Misys Query enabling the production of reports and assisting staff and/or clients in preparing reports when requested.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of Crystal report writing enabling the production of reports and assisting staff and/or clients in preparing reports when requested.
- Ensures the accuracy of all reports created and produced prior to dissemination.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of medical billing software utilized.
- Ensures to notify back-up support staff of all absences to ensure the adequate coverage while ensuring all daily responsibilities are completed during absences and proper coverage is in place in the event of an emergency.
- Adheres to policy that no PTO is approved during the first week of each month and/or until month end reporting packages are completed, verified for accuracy and disseminated to clients via Citrix Share File.
- Special projects as assigned by President, Director, and/or Associate Director of Billing.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of 5 years Medical Billing experience required. Advanced Excel expertise required. Practice Management Billing Software File Maintenance experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Excellent communication and analytical experience is required. Positive attitude, exceptional responsiveness and team building skills are a requirement. High ethics and loyalty are expectations.
Proven mutli-tasking capabilities. Ability to complete tasks with little or no supervision.
CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSURES / CREDENTIALS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing/sitting for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighting up to 75 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires ability to travel on occasional basis.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in office settings. Involves frequent interaction with staff, clients, and the general public. At times the job atmosphere may be stressful due to budget deadlines, report timelines, multiple meetings and directions from multiple members of Executive Management.